18.11.11

Hand Braces and Gloves


At first I wanted to do really nifty looking gauntlets, but then I thought about the kinds of forces this guy is going to be whipping around and thought he probably needs some wicked looking wrist braces instead. I can achieve the same sort of storage of kinetic forces on a wrist brace as well as I could on a glove. Straps on gloves fastened by negatively and positively charged molecule fibers--same principles behind how a gecko 'sticks' to a wall as it climbs.

This guy has a pretty impressive talk on the satae that geckos use to crawl up walls towards the end of the talk.

http://www.ted.com/talks/robert_full_on_engineering_and_evolution.html

1 comment:

  1. The post has been great

    Here is my website….Hope you like it……..
    MirrorMirror.lk is Sri Lanka's largest online Fashion store with over 5000 Products ranging from clothing to accessories... Clothing,Watches,Shoes,Handbags

    ReplyDelete